Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Waikiki

I thought it would be fun to take the girls and my mom down to Waikiki to walk around, grab some lunch, and just enjoy the glorious day outside.  We walked around the Hawaiian Hilton Village so that Riley could check out all the ponds filled with Koi and the little waterfalls that are located throughout.  Then we just cruised down the path by the beach taking in the beautiful scenery.  The weather was perfect for our day outdoors.  We went over to the International Market Place where they have tons of vendors selling all sorts of coral necklaces, pearls, and loads of other stuff.  I found a really pretty red coral necklace that I fell in love with.  Mom bought it for me for my birthday...thanks mom!  Then Riley picked out a necklace with a flip flop charm, so I bought that for her.  I got it for $2!  Riley was in love with her necklace because it matched the flip flops she was wearing!  The market place would be a much cooler area to walk around in if everyone wasn't trying to haggle you to buy something every two feet.  I was happy I got my necklace though.
Once we were done with the market place we crossed the street to enjoy lunch at Duke's.  I enjoy this restaurant a lot because it sits on the beach so you have a great ocean view.  It definitely gives you the vibe that you are on vacation in paradise.  We all sat back and relaxed during lunch.  Riley and Hadley were both fascinated with all of the birds flying around.  When Riley was done eating she decided that it would be fun to chase them around.  I'm sure everyone dining around us appreciated that!










Once lunch was done we walked back towards the lagoon because I promised Riley if she was a good girl I'd take her to the water.  Both of the girls dipped their feet in.  It really felt refreshing.  I'm pretty sure Riley would have gotten completely soaked if I had let her.  But we didn't have bathing suits, so I bargained with Riley to get her out of the water which meant we were heading to get a scoop of ice cream!  I normally don't do that, but she was behaving very well, so a special treat wouldn't hurt!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good bargaining tactics here! We do the same thing!!!