Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Girls

I often wonder what it would have been like growing up with a sister.  I am always hoping that Riley and Hadley have a close relationship like my mom and her sisters do.  I know that they will have their moments of disliking each other.  I can already hear the arguments over who took who's clothes, shoes, make-up, etc.  I'm finding it funny though, Riley is already playing rougher with Hadley now that she's crawling around and getting stronger.  They are already fighting over toys so I can only imagine what it will be like when they get older.  I mean seriously, is it necessary for a 2 year old and an eight month old to fight over a little toy?  It doesn't even matter what toy it is.  If Riley is playing with something, Hadley crawls right over for it.  If Hadley is playing with something, Riley grabs it from her.  I'm trying my hardest to teach Riley to share with her sister and to explain to Riley that  Hadley doesn't understand the concept of sharing yet.  Boy do I have my work cut out for me!  All in all they play really well together.  It's just those moments where they have to have what the other one has.  This does stop at some point, right?  I guess I'll find the answer out soon enough.  I'm curious to see how the girls interact once Hadley starts walking.  I'm sure that's not far off.  She's crawling all over the place now and is into everything!  Hadley seems to find every crumb I manage to miss when I vacuum.  Riley crawls around the floor with Hadley and it's absolutely adorable.  Hadley can now clap which is exciting.  And Riley now says "love you!"  I've been waiting a LONG time to have her say that one.  She actually just started yesterday.  I have to ask her to say it, but I still like to hear it.  I love my girls so much.  They bring so much sunshine into my life.  I mean look at their faces, who couldn't love them?!?  (Please excuse Riley's bed head.   She just woke up from a nap and wouldn't let me brush her hair!)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Perfect photo!

Unknown said...

Uhh. Why wonder what it was like to have a sister when you have the most kick ass brother in the world? You got to hop right on board the awesome train from the start!

The Gunning Family said...

Your girls will bring you as much joy and laughter as mine have! It's a blast to sit back and watch them grow. Miss you.

Terry said...

Don't worry Rach...the arguments will stop as soon as they move into their own places. 11 days and a wake up!!
XOXO,

Rachel said...

You are so right Justin! I was totally on the awesome train!