Monday, August 30, 2010

Shopping Day

I dropped Aunt Terry off at the airport this morning so she could go on her excursion to Maui.  I'm not going to lie, I am a tad jealous that she is going to Maui.  We were planning to go awhile ago when the Super Ferry went there, but the government got rid of the ferry before we had our chance.  That's ok, we'll get there before we leave to come back to the mainland.  After I dropped Aunt Terry off, it was time to take Riley to gymnastics.  Kiki was super excited to watch Riley at her gymnastics class.  Of course Kiki whipped out her camera during the songs and dance in the beginning of class, which Riley saw, and so Riley decided she wasn't going to participate.  Riley doesn't like her picture taken unless she wants it taken!  (If that makes any sense.)  Once it was time to do the stations and flip over the bars, walk on the balance beam and jump on the trampoline Riley was ready to go.  Kiki decided to keep the camera off and just enjoyed watching Riley.  

After gymnastics class we headed to Waikele to hit up the outlets.  It was lunchtime so we grabbed something to eat at Chili's first.  Riley scarfed down her pizza like she had never eaten before.  She also had to take every ones straw from their drink and put them in hers.  Kiki was on double baby duty.  Riley was sitting next to her so Kiki was playing with her and then whenever Hadley would drop her toy Kiki would pick it up.  I just sat back, watched, and relaxed.  But it's ok, I treated my mom to lunch for all of her hard work!!  Not to mention I know she was loving every minute of it!

So once our tummy's were full we walked across the street to start our shopping.  I really needed to pick some clothes up for the girls to get us through the winter.  The crappy thing here in Hawai'i is that they sell winter clothes here even though we are still wearing shorts and tank tops.  Therefore I have to stock up  on summer clothes while they are still being sold so that my girls have weather appropriate clothes to wear.  We first hit up Carter's.  Ahhh, I LOVE Carter's.  They have such cute clothes.  It was pretty funny to watch Riley shop with Kiki and myself.  I was grabbing things left and right and Riley followed in my footsteps.  She kept picking clothes off the rack and handing them to Kiki saying, "this, and this, and this."  It was too funny.  Riley even picked out an adorable jean skirt.  Yes, I said skirt.  I asked her if she was sure she wanted a skirt and she told me "yeah mama."  Well ok then!  The prices were so awesome I think I could have picked out one of everything but I held back.  I probably would have picked out more, but they actually already had a lot of cold weather clothes.  Time for the next store.

But before we could go into the next store we had to stop and let Riley ride in one of the cars.  We had to do this in between every store that had a ride!  It was cute.  Until I thought about all of the germs on them.  No worries, I whipped out my hand sanitizer and cleaned her right up!!

We were of to Osh Kosh B'gosh next!  Now, this store has just the sweetest things for kids.  We picked up some really cute things for Riley here.  They didn't have the sizes I needed for Hadley so she only got one outfit.  But I grabbed up a couple of capris(only $4.99) and some tops for Riley.  Riley also picked out a necklace, bracelet, and some rings that she just had to have.  Riley is blossoming into quite the fashionista.  I like it!

Next up was Children's Place.  I'm a big fan of this store.  They always seem to have cute outfits and have great sales.  I enjoy sales!  That's the only way I shop.  I think it's from all the years I worked retail, I just refuse to pay full price for clothes.  Especially with my munchkins that know how to trash some clothes.  I was a bit disappointed though because it was practically all winter clothes in the store.  I managed to grab up a windbreaker for Hadley, a pair of capris for both girls, two tops for Hadley and another top for Riley.  And do you want to know my grand total?  Ok, let me tell you!  It was only $9.56.  I almost passed out!  I'm a better bargain shopper than I though!  Thank you Children's Place!

So I thought we were done until I saw the Gymboree outlet.  Now I absolutely love Gymboree clothes but they are seriously way too expensive for me.  I just don't see paying those kind of prices for kids clothes.  Even some of the thing in the outlet were too pricey for me, but then I found a little watermelon collection.  OMG!  It had the most adorable outfits.  I was trying to buy all of it in both 3T(for Riley) and 18mos(for Hadley) but they were out of 3T in almost everything.  That's ok though,  I managed to snag up 2 outfits for Riley, 2 dresses and an outfit for Hadley.  I was in watermelon heaven!  They also had an adorable cherry collection, but I steered clear.
I had the most fabulous day with my mom and the girls.  It was a load of fun and great bonding time!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love all those kids clothes stores! I completely miss shopping for the girls at stores like that. I love Gymboree too but agree about prices unless they are super onsale. Carters has to be my all time fav too. Awesome day!