Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Moanalua Garden

I took the girls to Moanalua Gardens today for a play date with our friends from the Baby Hui group that Riley and I were in.  Moanalua Gardens is a 26 acre public garden with a taro patch and Koi pond.  It is one of the smaller gardens located in O'ahu, but was the perfect spot to meet for a bunch of two year olds to run around and have some fun.  We got some pellets to feed the koi.  All of the kids were having a blast with the fish feeding.  Most of them were ready to dive into the pond, Riley included!    The picture to the left is of the Tea House, which didn't appear to be open, but I think it looked pretty cool.  For the two hours we were at the garden we stayed by the Koi pond.  The kids didn't really want to wander away from the fish.  So they ran around in the fields chasing each other, climbed some trees, and fed the fish some more.  I was looking forward to walking around the gardens to see the beautiful Hawaiian flowers but didn't get the chance since all the kids were running around and playing.  I figured it would be a good place to go when my mom comes and Aunt Terry leaves us for Maui.  It's nothing too exciting, but a fun thing to do with Riley so she can feed the fish and take a nice walk around the gardens.  It was a really fun morning catching up with our friends, two of whom are expecting baby #2 in a month.  I got asked today if I was going to have a third.  I laughed a little because I don't have the answer to that question.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see! 

We went during Hadley's morning nap.  I thought that she'd fall asleep in the stroller but there was so much action going on around her she stayed awake.  During the last half hour she didn't want to be in the stroller anymore.  I picked her up and she just nuzzled up on me with her hands under her little face and fell asleep.  My friend Beth grabbed my camera because she thought Hadley looked sweet cuddling up on me.  I love snuggles from my girls!

4 comments:

Terry said...

That shot of you and Hadley is great. Of course Roley is as cute as ever.

Terry said...

Whoops! I mean Riley.

Fats said...

FYI..It isn't a tea house..It's called the Chinese Hall, it was built on the spot where there used to be a japanese tea house and garden. It's never been open to the public.

Check this link:
http://www.mgf-hawaii.org/HTML/Hula/chinese-hall.html

Fats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.