Saturday, August 28, 2010

29 & Feeling Fine!

My oh my how the years just seem to fly by.  I can hardly believe that I have entered the last year in my twenties.  It seems like I was waiting forever to turn 21 and now I'm going to be 30 before I know it!  I'm not depressed at all about it though.  I just think it's amazing how fast your life goes by.  I'm happy that I had my mom and Aunt Terry in town to help celebrate my birthday this year.  Since we were going out to dinner later I decided we should do something low key earlier in the day.  We all went to Pearl Harbor so that Aunt Terry could see the memorial.  Yes, I know.  Pearl Harbor isn't the most upbeat place to be on your birthday, but it was something on the to do list while my guests were in town so I didn't really think much about it!  Not to mention I've been there a ton so I didn't watch the video that will bring you to tears.  I just let Aunt Terry watch that while mom & I played with the girls in the piping hot sun!  Riley thoroughly enjoyed the boat ride over to the memorial, as usual.  I felt bad for Aunt Terry though.  Normally on the boat ride they give you information about the USS Arizona and how much oil it leaks and how long it will leak for and some other instructions.  The sailors didn't say diddly squat!  It was kind of disappointing, but I don't think it affected Aunt Terry's experience.  

With the exciting part of my birthday behind us, we headed home to have some lunch and relax before it was time to leave for dinner.  Trey got home a few minutes after we did which is when he presented me with my birthday gift.   I open up my present to find a blue box.  Yes, a Tiffany & CO. box.  As I open the box I realize I have been tricked because it had a coach clutch in it, which I liked a lot.  Trey told me to open the clutch, so I did.  It contained a pretty necklace with an anchor charm(since he''s a sailor).  It also had money for me to go get my hair and nails done.  Of course I owe a big thank you to my Aunt Kathy who sent my mom here with a blue box to give to Riley with a pretty necklace.  I was totally jealous that Riley got one at age 2 and I had yet to ever receive one.  So thanks Aunt Kathy for Riley's necklace and for helping me receive my first blue box!  Trey did awesome on my birthday gift!  Thanks honey!  I also owe a  thank you to my dad & Miss Kathy, my Aunt Leslie & Uncle Time, and Madeleine for sending me birthday money,  I will be able to pamper myself thoroughly!!  Perhaps I should get all of my grey hair covered up!  

After opening my gifts the girls and Aunt Terry took their afternoon naps.  I just relaxed and chatted with my mom and Trey.  Then it was time to head to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner, Kona Brewing CO.  I love to go there and sit out on the waterfront and just enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.  Well it's normally relaxing, but not so much with a 2 year old and a 9 month old.  However, I still got to enjoy the company of my family and my scrumptious steak dinner.  Plus I managed to squeezed in a delicious brownie sundae contraption for desert.  Mmmm, I was definitely in heaven.  Except at that point I was 29 and feeling fat!  It was an enjoyable day and evening and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday Rachel. So special that you had family to celebrate with. I love the family photo!