Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sea Life Park

Today we all got to experience, for the first time, Sea Life Park.  I was super excited because I've heard awesome things about this place.  I've been wanting to take Riley for awhile now and I couldn't imagine a more perfect time than now with Kiki and Aunt Terry in town.  The first area we walked through had a giant aquarium tank with loads of windows for us to look through.  We got to see stingrays, sharks, and an assortment of fish.  Riley was in heaven and I think all of the adults were enjoying it too.  At least I know I was!

One of the first things we did was feed some sea turtles.  My mom went and got a cup full of lettuce and some other green veggies for the turtles.  I honestly think that Riley could have stayed with the turtles all day long.  She just wanted to keep feeding them more and more.

After feeding the sea turtles we decided to feed ourselves just a little.  It was pretty hot out so we all grabbed some drinks and split some french fries.  Then we headed over to watch the dolphin show.  The cool thing about Sea Life Park is that you can have encounters with the dolphins and/or seals.  So before the dolphin show started we got to watch some of the people who were swimming with the dolphins.  It definitely looked like a fun experience.  I'm sure Riley would've loved to do it, but you have to be at least 3 years old to participate.  Maybe for her birthday!  As soon as the show started it was time for Hadley to eat so I had to go find a quiet spot where I could feed her and still see the show.  Yes, I was that excited to watch a dolphin show that I was only able to feed Hadley if I could watch the show.  I honestly was a little upset that I wasn't able to see Riley's reaction to the dolphins jumping in the air.  But afterwards, seeing the smile on her face showed me just how much fun she had watching.  


After the dolphin show we walked around the park more and saw seals, penguins, and birds.  Riley was in animal and water heaven.  Kiki treated Riley to some dippin' dots, Trey got a funnel cake, and Aunt Terry and I enjoyed an ice cream cone.  It was hot out, so that ice cream was totally refreshing.  After the  ice cream break we headed over to see another sea life show.  This one was mainly focused on dolphins, but also included penguins and sea lions.  This time I got to see all of Riley's reactions which were absolutely priceless.  Hadley was enjoying the show as well.  Whenever the crowd would cheer Hadley would squeal super loud and throw her hands up and down.  It was adorable to watch.  By the time that show was over I think just about everybody was ready for a nap.  So we all packed up in the Tahoe and headed home for a little relaxation.

No comments: