Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome Friends!


I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that I have some friends from home visiting this weekend!!  It's so nice to have people who have know you for a long time come and experience where I am living now.  The best part is they get to meet Hadley for the first time and see how big Riley has gotten.  Jason and Danielle just got married a few weeks ago and have been on their honeymoon in Hawai'i.  They started their honeymoon in Kauai and then went to Maui and now are visiting us for a few days.  Jason said he wasn't flying all the way here and not stopping on O'ahu to see us!  Yay!!  We headed to the North Shore and enjoyed a nice lunch at Cholo's.  I got pressured into having my first margarita in three years.  Well, I wasn't really pressured!  So while Trey, Jason and Danielle all ordered big ol' margaritas I ordered a little one without the Petrone.  Let me tell you, I won't be ordering another margarita anytime soon.  It took me the two hours we sat there to drink my itty bitty drink and I was feeling all hot and sweaty.  Not to mention I had a pounding headache for the rest of the day.  Blah! 

After lunch we headed over to K Point to show Jason and Danielle the beautiful view.  Trey also wanted to take Jason four wheeling, so they went and climbed some rocks.  Riley of course wanted to go down by the water but it's not really the most child friendly place to be.  Danielle and I took her down as close to the water as we could get.  I'm pretty sure Riley would have jumped in if she could have. 

Then we drove through all of the North Shore.  We stopped at Sharks Cove so that Jason and Danielle could see what that was all about.  It's a great snorkeling place, but again, not child friendly so we didn't stay long.  I stayed in the car feeding Hadley and Riley was passed out.  As we drove a little further we stopped at Ted's Bakery to grab a nice, fattening treat!  After that we all decided to head home.  Jason & Danielle went back to their hotel so they could rest a bit before heading out for sushi.  We just came home and crashed on the couch.  This whole family was tired!  But it was a super fantastic day spent with some good friends! 

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a cute newlywed couple. I'm so glad you had visitors! Love your description of the drink. It's weird huh? Don't worry it gets better, slowly.