Friday, July 23, 2010

Time for a Hike

Friday we enjoyed a nice lunch a Kona Brewing Co.  Oh, how I love that place.  The food is great and the atmosphere is fabulous.  My favorite thing to get is the Pepper steak, but with it being lunch and the activity we were getting ready to do, I opted to just order some pizza.  It was still a delicious lunch even if I didn't order my favorite!  After lunch we headed to the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail.  This trail offers some absolutely beautiful views.  And you get to enjoy the wonderful scenery of the ocean for the entire trail.  It was really hot on this afternoon so we were all getting nice and sweaty!  Once we made it up the first, steep, hill Trey decided it was time to take off his shirt.  Riley decided that she was going to get out of the stroller and hike the rest of the way with us.  She told us " I want walk."  Well if she "want walk" then that's what she got to do!  Who are we to stop our little adventurer??

Walking this trail really makes me appreciate where I live.  I mean, seriously.  I am so lucky to be living in such a gorgeous place.  It's fun hikes like this that makes me not want to leave.  Who knows, maybe we'll stay for another tour. 


Here is a group shot at the top of the trail.  It's stinks when you have a stranger take your picture and they zoom in way too much.  Not to mention you can't see Riley!  But I think it's pretty good shot of me and you don't get to see much of me on here! 

No comments: