Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Missing My Sleep

I remember when I was the mom who bragged about how well my children slept at night.  I'm so spoiled with both the girls being great sleepers.  We did hit a rough patch with Riley for a bit, but she's been doing wonderful sleeping at night.  However, she does like to wake up at the butt crack of dawn!  Whatever, I can deal with an early riser.  But for the past week Hadley has been waking up more times than I can count every night.  I mean, she is seriously worse than when she was a newborn.  When she came home from the hospital she was only waking once a night.  I literally am up at least four times during the night now.  At least for the past week I have been.  I'm pretty sure it's due to her teething.  I've tried everything to get her to sleep through the night from teething tablets, baby tylenol, baby orajel.  Nothing is working.  And the baby orajel does not make Hadley happy.  The second it hits her gums she screams and starts trying to spit it out of her mouth.  I'm guessing she isn't a fan of the orajel.  I've been told to rub whiskey on her gums at night, but I'm not a fan of putting alcohol in my eight month olds mouth.  As a matter of fact, I don't even have any whiskey in my house to think about using.  It's just so funny how different two babies can be.  Riley wasn't a bad teether, but she sure was a slow one.  Hadley has gotten her teeth much quicker than Riley did, but it appears to be more painful for Hadley.  I'll be glad when she's done teething and I can get back to my restful nights.  Look at this face though.  How could I ever be mad at her for keeping me up all night?!?!

3 comments:

Sara said...

UGH! Teething sucks. I have to say that Infant Motrin is where it's at. Tylenol is no where near as helpful. The motrin deals with the swelling. Give it a try. After 6 months they can take it. They say that it can upset their tummies but I have never had that trouble. Jsut make sure she doesn't take it on an empty tummy (although that doesn't seem to matter for my girls) Infant Motrin is my saving grace!

The Gunning Family said...

I had Ezio and Luna this past weekend and Luna is going through the same thing! I used the infant motrin for her and, miraculously, she became human again! Hope it works for Hadley.

Terry said...

Whenever my kids wake me up, I usually walk with them and throw the tennis ball a few times. Hope it helps. :P
XOXO