Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can't Keep Up

I find it to be more difficult trying to keep up with two kids.  Not with them getting into things, but with how fast they grow.  It seems like everyday there is something new happening with both Riley and Hadley.  Hadley is now officially crawling.  I have actually been waiting for her to crawl because Riley was crawling just before she was seven months old.  I'm not really sure what the average age is for a baby to start crawling.  I have just been going off of when Riley did things.  Of course Riley was early with everything, so I should probably not be doing that.  Anyway, I'm so excited for my little Hadley who has reached another milestone in her development.  Now it's time to get the baby gates up and make sure things are put up and away.  

Riley is now repeating lots of things that Trey and I say.  It's pretty funny to hear her when she is mimicking us too.  My mind has just drawn a blank on what she repeated the other day that Trey had said, but take my word for it, it was funny!  Now Trey has to seriously watch his sailor mouth around Riley.  The last thing I want to her come out of her mouth is foul language.  Riley can now open every door to the house, including the heavy door leading to the garage.  There is no more leaving Riley inside for a second while I take the trash out because the second the door shuts behind me, Riley is opening it to follow me.  Riley now gets herself up from her naps, opens her bedroom door and just comes walking downstairs.  It's like she's a big girl, but she's only 2!  Normally in the morning she calls for me to get her out of bed, but this morning Trey and I heard her door open and she went walking down the hallway.  We both agreed, our little baby girl is growing up.  I wish I could just bottle them up and keep them babies forever.  Since I know I can't do that I'm just trying to savor every moment.  


PS-  Riley is opening the front door as I'm trying to blog!

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Rach - savor every single moment and always try to look for the bright spot in everything. It all goes by so fast! I remember when you and Justin were younger and my kids were the "littles" thinking it would be ages before mine were teenagers. I blinked twice and turned around too fast and look at them now! Miss you bunches ...

Terry said...

That pic of the girls is priceless.
Too cute.
XOXO,