Tuesday, July 6, 2010

NASTY Diaper

I know you all love me for posting this picture.  But I just had to!  That nasty poopy explosion was all over my arm when I picked up my sweet little angel.  Who knew such a precious child could excrete something so vulgar?!?  Well, I did because it happened with Riley too.  This afternoon I was folding laundry while Hadley and Riley were playing in the playroom.  All of the sudden I heard an explosion and knew just where the sound came from.  I didn't realize it had exploded out of the diaper when I picked Hadley up.  Then I felt something wet on my arm and looked over and saw nasty baby poo on my arm.  Oh boy!  This happened to me once last week too.  So up to the bathtub we go.  I have learned to just get Hadley undressed inside of the tub so that poop doesn't go everywhere.  Another outfit down the shitter!  This outfit however was passed down from Riley, but I loved the dress.  Oh, well I guess.  Hadley only had a couple more wears before it didn't fit her anymore.  Look how happy Hadley is in the picture below.  I guess it felt good to get that poop out of her system.  Or maybe she was just excited to be in the bathtub!  I don't know, but she had a big smile on her face while still having poo all over her back. 
I got Hadley undressed and my arm washed off.  Then little miss nosy big sister had to come and join in on Operation Poop Clean-UP!  Riley kept saying ewww, eeeewww!  Yes, honey.  Mommy knows, it's stinky and yucky.  Riley responded with a "yeah mommy."  Riley for some reason has an obession with seeing poo now.  I have no idea why.  But now anytime I change a poopy diaper whether it be hers or Hadley's, Riley asks to see the poop.  If I don't show it to her she throws a huge tantrum.  Gross!
I got Hadley all washed off.  She enjoyed every bit of it because she loves to splash around in the tub.  It's probably her favorite part of the day.  But the clean-up wouldn't be complete if Riley couldn't join in the fun.  As I turned to grab Hadley a towel, Riley grabbed a wash cloth and decided to wash Hadley just a little bit more.  Riley told me "sister more mommy."  I interpreted that as Hadley needed to be washed more.  Okay.  Big sister knows best I guess!

2 comments:

Terry said...

I love the exploding diaper stories. You know when I get there, I will read all the stories while Kiki deals with diaper duty.
XOXO,

Sara said...

We have tons of those too. Even grosser when Bella eats beans!