Saturday, July 3, 2010

Firecracker

Trey went out to the store this morning to pick up some sparklers and other firework gadgets to entertain Riley with.  I think it was definitely more for his entertainment, but I'll let him keep thinking he bought the fireworks for Riley!  When Trey and Riley got back from the store, Trey set off some of the stuff that made crazy loud popping noises.  Riley thought it was hysterical and kept asking for more.  Trey kept setting them off as long as Riley kept asking for them!


Then it was time to show Riley the good ol' sparkler.  She wasn't sure at first if she wanted to hold one.  After a few moments of deliberation she decided she'd go for it.  Riley's face was full of excitement.  I was actually stunned that she took the sparkler from Trey.  She held that sparkler with all the confidence in the world!  As soon as her first sparkler burned out she was asking for her next one. 
Riley, again, was thoroughly excited to be holding another sparkler.  She was as giddy as can be.  Then this sparkler burned out.  I went to set the camera down and then grab the sparkler from her.  By the time I went to grab the sparkler, Riley had touched the hot part of the sparkler.  OUCH!!!  My poor girl  was screaming bloody murder and of course I got blamed for allowing it to happen.  As if I didn't feel bad enough already that my sweet angel got burned, I didn't need to hear that it was my fault.  I didn't light sparkler, but I'm not putting the blame on anyone.  After about 20 minutes of crying Riley finally settled down.  Poor thing had a blister on her thumb and pointer finger.  Needless to say, that was the end of Riley playing with sparklers!!

No comments: