Saturday, July 3, 2010

Evening Out

It was a really rainy and dreary day today.  My friends Jason and Danielle went skydiving in the morning and then went to see Pearl Harbor in the afternoon.  We didn't meet up with them until the evening when we went to dinner.  They were staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki so we met up with them  there.  We were going to take them to the Yard House which is a super yummy place, but it was raining and Trey and I didn't want to drag the girls on a walk in the rain.  So we ate at an Italian restaurant at the hotel.  As we were walking to meet up with my friends Riley noticed all of the waterfalls.  I wanted to grab a shot of her and Trey infront of one but Riley wanted nothing to do with having her picture taken. 

We sat down for dinner around 6 o'clock.  It was a nicer atmosphere than we are used to with our two girls.  I wasn't quite sure how the evening was going to progress.  After about an hour Riley had enough and wanted to go to the water that she could see from the window right next to her seat.  Instead of eating dinner, Trey took Riley down to the water.  I stayed inside trying to eat my pasta with a screaming baby on my lap.  Hadley only lasted about 20 minutes in the highchair.  I got about three bites in my mouth.  As soon as Trey got back with Riley I bolted out the door with Hadley trying to calm her down.  It was getting late at this point.  The girls are in their bath at 7:30pm every night and that's about what time it was.  Once Hadley calmed down I went back inside, we paid the check, said goodbye to Jason & Danielle and headed home.  Tonight proved the reason why when we go out to dinner we are at the restaurant by 5pm.  Little kids that are on a schedule just don't do well when the parents don't keep that schedule! 

Here is sweet little Hadley five minutes into our drive home.  She completely passed out with her chewing rings in her mouth.  My poor pumpkin was tired!  I've never kept her out passed her bedtime and don't know that I'll ever try it again!

1 comment:

Sara said...

We have the same trouble trying to go out after 5PM. The early birds for sure.