Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Afternoon Minus Getting Sandy

The boys went deep sea fishing on Tuesday so Toni and I were left with the three kids once again!  Actually it was only the second time, but still.  Toni wanted a break from going to the beach so I figured it would be fun to go and walk around Waikiki and all the fun, touristy shops down there.  We strolled through the shops at the Hawaiian Hilton Village and Toni did some souvenir shopping.  Then we walked down by the beach so Toni could get a glimpse of Waikiki beach.  Surprisingly, it wasn't crowded on the beach at all.  But it's always nice to take a stroll with the ocean air blowing on you.  We walked down to have lunch at a restaurant called Duke's.  It was nice because it was a nice beachy atmosphere and had an ocean view.  It was a pretty hot day so we got seated before any of the kiddos had a breakdown.  You can see Harry's head is all sweaty from his hat!


Toni and I both enjoyed a delicious drink, the lava flow.  I had a much better experience with the lava flow than with the margarita I tried to drink a few weeks back.  Probably because it only had a little rum in it.  You couldn't even taste any alcohol and it didn't give me a headache. 

Hadley seemed perfectly content in the stroller so I was debating on whether I should leave her in there or put her in the highchair.  I decided to go with the highchair because I had a feeling that as soon as my food came she'd start flipping out.  Plus she'd have to go back in the stroller after lunch, so I figured I'd give her a different view for a bit.

Riley was being extremely well behaved.  Then again, she normally is for a two year old.  She was having fun coloring and watching all the birds that were walking and flying around Duke's.  Lately she hasn't wanted her picture taken at all so I think I should get an award for this shot!

Hadley was having fun sitting in her highchair.  She was just looking around at all the people and loving all the attention she was receiving.  I think it's the fact she has blue eyes because everyone is always going gaga over her and always complimenting her eyes.  That's right, she gets them from her mama!!

After lunch we walked through the International Trade Market.  They had some pretty jewelry and other little shops in there.  It was cool to walk through and another first for me since I've lived here.  Then we headed home because Harry was tired and Toni had a blister.  It was a fun afternoon in Waikiki.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hadley's hair band is priceless.