Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend is Trey's favorite holiday.  Oh yes, not just Memorial Day, but rather the whole weekend is his favorite.  I'm pretty sure this is because when he was yound and single he use to party it up.  Now that he is married with children his favorite holiday weekend has slightly changed!  I thought we'd end up at the beach at least one day, but we didn't.  Instead we got Riley's haircut, transformed her crib to a big girl bed, Trey worked out in the garage, cleaned off the back porch, and a bunch of other odds and ends.  We did manage to get a trip to the pool in though, which was fun.  On Memorial Day while Trey was working in the garage, Riley played outside all day.  We set up her sprinkler, thanks to Aunt Sara & Uncle Justin, and she had a field day.  Riley isn't in her bathing suit because she needed a diaper change and didn't want to put her suit back on.  So I just let her run around outside in her pull-up!  Notice Riley's new fashion trend of one shoe purple and one shoe pink!  If I want her to wear the same color crocs then I have to make sure only one color is in her sight.  If Riley sees her other pair of crocs she switches one of her shoes.  I don't know!  I guess it's a 2 year old thing.  I grilled up some burgers on the grill for us.  I'm not sure how I got stuck with the grilling job, but the burgers turned out good. 


After Riley's sprinkler fun she wanted to ride on the four wheeler with her daddy.  Riley prefers Trey to drive her around because he goes much faster than I do.  I think I go at snail speed and little miss fearless likes to go fast.  I know Trey is safe with her and she's wearing her helmet, so I'm not too worried!  We had dinner at our favorite pizza joint, Boston's Pizza.  It's so yummy we just can't get enough.  Even though we didn't do anything super special to kick off the summer we had a good weekend.  It's summer for us all the time anyway, so we'll hit the beach up this weekend!

No comments: