Thursday, May 20, 2010

Momma's Helper

Riley amazes me with how much she likes to be my helper.  It all started when she started unloading the dishwasher with me.  That chore definitely made me a little nervous because she seriously will unload everything, including the glasses.  In the three months she's been doing it only one glass has been broken.  And it partially my fault because I didn't grab it from her quick enough.  She thought I had it and let go.  Oh well, it's only a glass. Riley also loads the dishwasher too.  Whenever she's finished with her plate or bowl she walks over to the dishwasher, opens it, and puts her dirty dish inside.  I love it!  Now Riley has come to enjoy helping me scrub toilets and bathtubs.  I don't really want her helping with the bathtub cleaning because of the chemicals in the cleaners.  I don't mind her scrubbing the toilet though!  She likes to take the toilet wand and scrub, scrub, scrub!  Riley does a pretty good job too!  The fact that she likes to clean the toilets makes me laugh because I remember when I was a little girl I use to like to clean the toilets for my mom.  I'm not really sure what was wrong with me, but I found it entertaining.  Another chore Riley helps me with is the laundry.  She likes to take the clothes out of the basket and throw them into the washer.  I'm not allowed to help at all!  Then she unloads the dryer for me.  If only she could fold!  I guess it's good that she likes to help clean at a young age.  I'm hoping this means when she gets older she'll be willing to help me clean and do chores.  It's good now though because she doesn't expect an allowance!!

No comments: