Sunday, May 16, 2010

After the Tea Party

After the tea party I brought the girls home and they both took their naps.  Then Trey and I decided that we'd head out to Ko'Olina with Erika and her kids for some fun in the sun.  We packed everyone up in our Tahoe and off we went.  It's always so relaxing to be at the lagoons.  With it being early evening the lagoons weren't too crowded.  We got to enjoy one anothers company without having to worry about keeping track of the kids in the crowded water.  Hadley once again passed out for most of the time we were there.  And Riley was her typical self, being a fish in the water!  This time she had daddy their to play with.  I don't know who is the bigger kid, Riley or Trey?  Riley was also having fun playing with Erika's kids Elyse and Connor.  Riley is a huge fan of Connor who is 10.  He let Riley play with his boogie board and took her around the lagoon.  That is until she realized if she kicked her feet she could make the boogie board move by herself.  Then she didn't want anyone to help her.  I swear sometimes she thinks she's 5!  It's probably because she is always playing with kids who are older than her.  Riley is fearless.  I think I fear enough for the both of us!  After a few hours of enjoying the lagoon we were all ready to go grab some dinner.  We headed towards home and stopped to eat at Chili's.  Too bad we weren't thinking about it being a Saturday night and everyone was out to eat.  We didn't want to wait 45 minutes, especially with our 2 girls.  So we just crossed the street and grabbed some McDonald's.  Not the best way to get my beach body, but we had fun and that's all that matters.


I figured I grab a shot of myself...yes another self portrait!
 
I forgot to mention that Trey did some snorkeling and spotted two sea turtles!  The lagoons are a nice place to snorkel.

Riley kept saying, "kick, kick, kick!"

1 comment:

Terry said...

I think Riley is ready for "Surf Camp".
XOXO,