Friday, May 7, 2010

Savor the Flavor


Since Hadley has been doing well with eating her cereal, I figured it was time to add some more flavor into her diet.  I decided to start with squash.  I think with Riley I started her on fruit.  But I thought this time around I should start with a veggie instead of pure sweetness.  I decided on squash because that was Riley's favorite veggie and I thought perhaps Hadley might enjoy it too.  Hadley surprisingly did well with the squash.  She's not a big eater like her big sister was so she didn't eat very much.  I do think Hadley enjoyed tasting a new flavor though. 

Of course after about 3 spoonfulls Hadley wasn't sure about the squash anymore.  She was looking at me like I was crazy as I attempted to give her some more.  I found that I have to play games with Hadley to get her to eat.  Riley would just open her mouth and I couldn't feed her fast enough.  Hadley on the other hand has to be persuaded to open her mouth and eat.  It's so funny how different my two daughters are.  Hadley will be eating squash for a week before I move on to another food so that we can see if she has any allergies to the squash.  Hopefully she won't get sick of it!  I guess I'll try a fruit next week.  I still can't believe Hadley is already big enough to be eating Gerber first foods!   

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love these photos. What a big girl she is now with her squash!

Terry said...

Squash is Hadley's color.
XOXOXO,