Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shoe Fettish

For about the past year the only type of shoe that Riley would wear was Crocs.  I guess I can't really blame her because she could put them on and take them off herself and they are super comfy.  I tried numerous times to get her into other types of shoes but Riley wanted nothing to do with them.  For about the past 4 months everytime we go to a store and Riley spots shoes she starts yelling "shoes, shoes, shoes."  So of course I have to get her a new pair.  However those new pairs of shoes are either crocs or a look a like croc from Target.  Riley still likes the knock offs just as much and they are about $20 cheaper!  That makes mommy like them too, especially since Riley trashes her shoes from playing outside.  Today marked a new day of shoe shopping with Riley.  We were at Target and of course she spotted the shoes.  So I stopped by the shoes to see if I could get her to try on something other than crocs.  Much to my surprise Riley picked out flip flops.  Maybe she never liked flip flops because she still had baby pudge on the top of her foot and so flip flops never fit her.  I grabbed Riley's size(which I can't believe she's in a 9 already) and slipped some flip flops onto her feet.  Riley was in love!  She kept saying "new shoes, new shoes mamma!"  Of course I had to buy them because I was so excited that Riley actually liked them.  I'm glad Riley is expanding her herizons with a different style of shoe!  I may just have an Imelda Marcos on my hands!

No comments: