Thursday, May 6, 2010

Terrible Two's??











For the most part Riley is an angel.  But she has moments where I wonder if she's the same child.  When Trey or I ask Riley to do something she doesn't want to do she either ignores us or tells us NO!  I'm not sure how many time outs she needs before she learns you don't tell mommy or daddy no.  Her other issue is hitting.  Riley normally won't hit Trey or me, but if she gets mad she'll slap herself on her leg.  I don't tolerate any type of hitting, so of course she goes to time out for that too.  Riley is definitely not a fan of time out.  So normally if we threaten her with it she'll start listening.  But then the other 25% of the time she goes to time out and has a meltdown.  This girl is such a little drama queen.  She gets the waterworks going and keeps the tears coming.  Riley is such a character!  After her time outs she is good about giving hugs and kisses to apologize for the way she was acting and can now say sorry!  Good or bad, I love this little girl!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sometimes Addie runs away crying and puts herself in time out before I have to tell her. My big problem is when Addie doesn't listen to me. Hate that! Riley is cute even if she's sobbing.

The Gunning Family said...

Poor Riley and Poor Addie, too! They can't possibly do anything bad enough for a time out! Next time, we'll give them Meghan's old line. She was famous for, "please, can I just have two more chances!" Miss you guys.

Terry said...

You're gonna hear it when Mr. Kevin see his Princess crying like that. Tell her to get all that out of her system before Auntie Terry gets there. hahaha
XOXOXO,