Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

Today in the mail Riley received a couple of late birthday presents.  I never expect anyone to send anything, so when we receive gifts it's a great surprise and very much appreciated.  Kiki and Po sent Riley's gift which was super duper special.  On top of the money that they deposit into her bank account my mom made Riley a quilt that she's been working on since Riley was in my womb.  Well she may have not been working on the whole time but it was a twinkle in her eye!  At my baby shower for Riley my mom asked everyone to bring like four squares of fabric and then she was going to put them all together to make Riley a baby quilt.  Finally, after much anticipation Riley got her baby quilt.  It brought back loads of memories from my baby shower and how exciting it was to be expecting my first angel.  On top of the beautiful quilt my mom made she also sent one of her homemade birthday cards.  It had a Riley's hospital picture on the front which literally brought me to tears.  Even though I have the picture myself, it was just very emotional to see it on her birthday card.  Thank you mom!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting so much thought, love, and effort into your gift.  I am forever grateful to you for all that you've done and continue to do!!
Riley LOVED her quilt.  She immediately spread it out on the floor and started rolling around on it!  You did a great job Kiki!!


The other package that Riley received was from Aunt Leslie!  This was totally unexpected.  Riley got the adorable dvd's "Veggie Tales" and a beginners bible.  Thank you so much for thinking of Riley.  We had never seen the movies before but Riley watched one this evening and likes it a lot!  I also enjoyed reading your letter updating me on three of my wonderful cousins!  We love you all and are so grateful that you are thinking of us!!

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Way to go Kiki - so beautiful! I know this is something Riley will treasure.

Terry said...

I think after Christmas Stockings, Kiki should make us all quilts.
XOXOXO,