Friday, May 14, 2010

During Naptime

Sometimes I feel like I'm not giving Riley enough attention.  But Riley has always entertained herself and not required a lot of attention.  However, I've been making it a routine to give Riley my undivided attention while Hadley takes her morning nap.  Normally I try to get laundry and cleaning done during the morning nap but I figure that Riley deserves my attention more.  We play whatever it is that Riley wants to play.  Sometimes we color, we build with her blocks, play in her ball pit, or play in her new favorite thing- her Dora playhouse.  Riley likes for me to get into the playhouse with her, but my large booty makes it difficult to get through the door!!  I manage to squeeze in which is highly entertaining to Riley.  We climb in and out and chase eachother around.  Sometimes Riley will make us something to eat with her pretend food and then as soon as we are done eating she insists on making more.  Riley is really becoming more and more fun to play with.  She's got a spunky little personality that just puts you in a good mood.  Well at least when she's being good it puts you in a good mood!  I'm glad I am putting my cleaning aside and spending one on one time with my Riley!  She's growing up so quickly I don't want a moment to pass me by.

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

I don't think she could get any cuter! She reminds me of Meghan at that age. Miss you guys.

Terry said...

What a face. I can't wait to play in the Dora playhouse.
XOXOXO,