Thursday, March 25, 2010

Please Be Over

Have you ever had one of those days that you wish you could just climb back into bed, pull the covers over your head, close your eyes and not wake up until the next day?? That is how I felt all day yesterday. It was a miserable day for me and that's putting it nicely. Riley was in a mood that she just wouldn't come out of. (It frightens me to think about her moods during puberty!) She was whining all day and throwing tantrums left and right. Hello miss almost 2 years old. Due to all of the tantrums it seemed like Riley was in time out every 5 minutes. And while Riley screaming Hadley is just being an angel. Then once I get Riley to act civilized again it seemed like Hadley would start crying and fussing. I knew why Hadley was cranky though. It was due to her shots the day before and the fact that she's teething. Seriously though, when you have either one or the other child whining all day you want to throw your own tantrum. I was honestly considering throwing myself on the ground so that I could kick and scream like Riley had been doing all day. I thought perhaps it just might make me feel better. And maybe if Riley saw how ridiculous it looked when someone else threw a tantrum she might stop. Instead I just counted to ten(about a billion times during the day) and took a deep breath and tried to make it through the day without losing my sanity. It was finally nap time and I was so looking forward to some peace and quiet. I was preparing to take a cat nap myself. Too bad Hadley decided she only needed a 30 minute nap. What?? Hadley normally sleeps for 2 hours in the afternoon. I almost died when I heard her wake up. I tried for a half an hour to get her back to sleep and she wasn't having it. As a matter of fact she was laughing at me most of the time! I plopped her in her jumperoo so that I could fold laundry and load the dishwasher. I was keeping my fingers crossed that Riley woke up in a better mood. Riley woke up and my fingers crossed didn't work. I took the girls outside for some fresh air in hopes that would chipper Riley up. It worked for awhile...a very short while. Riley finally chippered up when she got to eat some mac n' cheese for dinner. Then she was even happier when she got to go to the store with daddy. I was super happy when Trey took her with him. It's days like these that I wish I lived in MD so I could just drop grumpy pants off at the grandparents house! Bedtime could not have come soon enough for me yesterday. Put a fork in me because I was so done!!

This is a shot of Riley during one of her zillion time outs of the day!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was sleeping nicely last night until Riley began screaming at 3am and came into my bed and didn't go back to sleep until 4:30am. Pregnancy should come with a warning label!! Just kidding, I wouldn't change a thing!

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Rach,
Are her two year molars coming in? That could explain her irritability. She looks so sweet sitting in the corner ... I wish you were her, too. You could drop her at Aunt Donna's too. Miss you

Terry said...

Rachel,

How can someone so cute throw such tantrums?

XOXO,