Friday, March 26, 2010

A Nice Afternoon

The girls and I joined some friends and headed over to Hickam Air Force Base to grab some lunch at a place called Wright Brothers. My friend Erika had told me about this place(which is nothing fancy, just a little deli/grille) and mentioned how it was on the water and that they like to go feed the fish afterwards. I thought it would be fun for all of us to go with the kids since we had never been. It was the perfect afternoon to go. The weather was beautiful and the kids were having a blast feeding the fish and enjoying the fresh air. While feeding the fish we got to see some crabs and a nasty water slug. That slug was huge! It literally gave me chills just imagining being in the water and having a giant slug slither across my feet. YUCK!
Riley made me a tad nervous with her "no fear" attitude while feeding and looking at the fish. She liked to get close to the edge to get a good view of all the aquatic life. I'm pretty sure Riley wanted to jump in the water.

(THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO MY BROTHER CALLING ME LOOSE LIPS. I ONLY HAD IT ON HERE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING COOL TO SEE. BUT I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE THE CAUSE OF SINKING SHIPS!)

I thought it was pretty cool watching a sub head out to sea. You aren't suppose to take pictures, but I had to snap one! I had never seen a submarine heading out. You probably can't see but there are sailors standing on top of the sub. We also got to see a ship coming in but I didn't get a picture of that due to a dead battery in the camera!


I was trying to get a picture of all of the kids. I don't think it ever works out for anyone when they attempt a group shot with kids. This was the best I got! Notice Riley who is complaining that her shoe has mud on the bottom of them! She likes to play in the dirt but doesn't like it when the dirt gets on her.

My dear little Hadley enjoying her afternoon outdoors!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loose lips sink ships...you need to take that picture of the sub down.

Terry said...

Good Greif!! It's not like she gave out the co ordinates. One ping if you want to defect.
XOXO