Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Week Down...Two to Go

So Trey left last Sunday morning to fly to San Diego for 3 weeks of training for work. It was pretty crappy news when we found out considering we had just been away from each other for 2 weeks and only got one week together before he had to leave again. We actually were looking into flights so that Riley and I could fly out to CA and spend the 3 weeks with him, but the flights were around $800. Absolutely ridiculous!! Needless to say, Riley and I have stayed in Hawaii. It's only been a week and Trey is bored out of his mind. He likes to keep busy and when you are by yourself in a hotel room there really isn't much to keep you occupied. Trey has gone out exploring the city and see a few movies, but is totally ready to come home. My favorite part is hearing him complain about the cold 65 degree weather and how he didn't pack any winter clothes!

While he's been gone Riley and I have been on a quest to find me a maternity bathing suit. Well let me tell you, that is no easy task. I went to Old Navy...nothing. I went to Target...if I fit XXL or S then I'd be in luck. I went to Motherhood Maternity...it's unfortunate that they didn't have the mix and match that actually matched. Motherhood did have a cute suit on sale for $20 but I needed a larger bottom and couldn't find it in me to secretly switch the sizes. Anyway...after 1 week of driving around the island to find a darn bathing suit I found one at a Motherhood Maternity outlet. Praise the Lord!! Riley and I also went to a cry baby matinee to see the movie UP! It was a really cute movie and sad at the same time. It was nice to get out to a movie though and be able to take Riley without worrying if my child is going to bother anyone. The cry baby matinee is set up for moms to take their babies and kids to the movies and not hear anyone complain about their child making noise. It was a fun outing. Riley didn't pay much attention to the movie, but we both enjoyed ourselves.

Now Riley and I have 2 more weeks to keep ourselves occupied without Trey/daddy here. What will we get into this week?

3 comments: