Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back In the Mainland!

On Sunday, May 17th, Riley and I kissed Trey goodbye and headed to the airport for our nice 12 hour journey to visit MD. We had an overnight flight that left at 10:55pm and we were going to arrive the next day in MD at 4:30pm...which was really 10:30am in Hawaii. Anyway, I thought Riley would pass out in the airport while we waited to board the plane. Boy was I wrong. I'm not sure where she got her energy but she was running all over the waiting area, smiling at anyone who would pay attention to her. Once we boarded the plane and got settled she passed out for the entire flight. That definitely made the first plane flight easy, minus the fact I didn't get to sleep due to the incredibly loud snoring behind me.
As soon as we landed in Phoenix I stopped in the restroom to freshen up Riley and relieve my poor bladder! I wanted to stop to get us something to eat, but our plane was already boarding so I had to book it all the way to the other side of the airport. As I'm walking to our seat I see that we are in the middle and next to an extremely large woman. All I could think was "this is going to be a looooonnng flight!" I couldn't even put the armrest down because the woman next to me wouldn't have enough room. Then the woman started coughing and told me how she wasn't sick she just had asthma. Great! Then I get to meet the person sitting to the left of me. A tall man weighing in at probably 300lbs. I had officially entered hell. Thank God a flight attendant came over and asked if I'd like to move seats. I was so tired I wasn't really sure what she was asking me. She grabbed my carry ons for me and told me to follow her. Riley and I wound up sitting in the first row, right behind first class. The seats were bigger and we had loads of leg room. Enough room that Riley could stand up and stretch out for awhile. That flight attendant deserves a nice spot in heaven. Riley did excellent on this flight as well, probably due to the seat change!
Once we landed in Baltimore my mom met Riley and I down in baggage claim. Riley at first had her shy face on, but after awhile warmed up to her Kiki. Once we got to my moms Riley got to meet Po. Again, it took her a little bit to warm up to him, but then she was on the floor playing with Kiki and Po. Mr. Kevin soon learned that even though she was playing with him it wasn't time to pick her up yet! It was so nice seeing mom and Mr. Kevin. I know they were in seventh heaven having Riley under their roof!


No comments: