Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finishing Off the Day

While the girls were napping I ran back up to Tripler to check in on Trey.  I took him up some dinner so he wasn't stuck eating the yucky hospital food.  Yes, I know, I'm a great wife!  I spent a little while with Trey keeping him some company and trying to keep him calm since he hates hospitals.  We also found out that Trey won't be getting out of the hospital until Friday.  He has to stay in longer than anticipated so that he can receive the proper amount of antibiotics to prevent any type of infection in his ankle.  That just means more work for me...back and forth to the hospital.  But I'm not complaining.  I'm superwoman.  I can do it!

I got home from the hospital and told my mom that Trey was staying in the hospital until Friday.  She was surprised too.  I was too tired to even think about dinner for us, so I took us all to one of our favorite spots, Schooner's.  It's a small little joint that sits right on the water.  I love going to eat at Schooner's because it's always peaceful and I get an awesome view.  Riley loves to look out at the water, boats, birds and ducks.  It's nice when she's entertained during dinner so that I can enjoy mine.  
Riley got to enjoy a popsicle for desert!  Hadley was wondering where hers was!

I ordered a yummy desert because I felt that I deserved it!  My mom helped me eat some, but Riley helped me eat even more.  When Riley saw my desert come out she dropped her popsicle so fast and came running over with her mouth open.  I didn't want to share with her, but I did!  I even let Hadley have a couple of bites.  Dinner at Schooner's was just what I needed to help me relax just a bit.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Okay, let me get this straight. They are keeping a broken ankle in the hopspital longer than a C section. What's wrong with that picture?
XOXO