Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cook Out

Today was definitely a day where I remember exactly what I was doing 9 years ago.  It was such a horrendous day when we were under attack and so many lives were taken.  But I am grateful to all the men and women who have lost their lives fighting for us and for those who are still fighting.  Today reminded me of all the things I am so very grateful for, especially my family and friends.  It was an absolutely beautiful day here in O'ahu, so we decided to have a cook out with our friends, The Derryberry's.  They set up their blow up slide and pool so that the kids could play in the water while us adults enjoyed some conversation.  It was just the perfect evening to be spending outside.  Trey and Derel were in charge of the grilling and boy was the chicken delicious!  Of course while I was eating I sat Hadley down on a blanket only to turn away from her for a second to find that she ate a piece of grass and started choking on it.  You better believe it came right up and she threw up everywhere.  It was disgusting.  I had to get us both changed.  Then I enjoyed some yummy watermelon.  Mmmm, I love a bbq!  We all stayed outside until it was dark and time for baths and bed for my babies.  It was honestly just a lovely evening enjoyed by all!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Still remember that day like it was yesterday too! I remember going to my yoga class because I was going crazy just sitting there doing nothing. It was awful and the traffic in DC was insane. Hate thinking of that day.

Looks like you had a lovely BBQ! What I wouldn't give for a day like you had!!! Awesome. Your girls are so cute. Love the chubs on Hadley!