Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Busy Day

Needless to say with the events of last night I got very little sleep.  I headed up to the hospital early this morning so that I could take the patient some breakfast and check on him to see how surgery went.  We were expecting Trey to be released from the hospital today, but found out that he would have to stay another night.  So after spending some time with Trey and finding out he was alright I headed home to pick up the girls and my mom.  Despite the fact that Trey was in the hospital I decided to go ahead with our original plans and go to the zoo.  Riley was excited to go and there was really no need to cancel plans other than the fact I was exhausted.  Nothing a little caffeine wouldn't cure!  Off to the zoo we went.
Riley was fascinated by the elephants.  I think the size of them is what amazed her.  Then we were off to see the monkeys.  Riley loves monkeys.  That is thanks to the show Go Diego Go and the Bo Bo brothers that are in the show.  We spent a good amount of time looking at the monkeys and gorillas.  As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my mom and I had to convince Riley that we were going to see more monkeys to get her to start walking again.  Here is shot of Riley telling us what a monkey says!  
Much to my surprise Riley was very interested in the reptile exhibit.  She was having a blast looking at all the different species of lizards.  They were just giving me the chills.  I'm so not a fan of lizards and snakes and creep crawly things.  Blek!  I was enjoying watching Riley and all of her reactions to the creatures though.  She wanted to climb over the railing to get a closer look.  
We stopped at the playground so that Riley could run around for a bit and I could feed Hadley.  We were also needing a water break.  It was a pretty hot day and we were all thirsty as could be.  Even Hadley was in need of some water.  I couldn't believe how much of it she drank either!
After our cool down time we went over to the Keiki Zoo.  This is the children's area.  They have a little petting zoo area in here too.  Of course after reading the sign that the animals may bite, spit, defecate, kick, etc. I didn't want to enter.  Kiki stepped in and saved the day because Riley desperately wanted to go and pet the animals.  Riley was having the best time walking around to eat animal and petting them.  I guess there were goats and I don't know what else in there.  But then I realized with me standing outside of the gate I was missing great photo ops.  I decided to run in super quick and take a few shots of Riley with the animals.  This is what I got!


Kiki and Riley probably walked around that little area five times.  Riley was in heaven petting each and every animal in there.  I think we could have left her there all day and she would've been fine with it.  Kiki got Riley to come out and they both got their hands washed.  We went over and looked at the pony and the cow.  Riley asked to ride both of them, but that wasn't a possibility.  It was just about nap time for both of the girls so we decided it was a good time to head home before any meltdowns occurred.  We weren't in the car two minutes and both Riley and Hadley were passed out!  I was only wishing I could join them.  Too bad I had to drive!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Kiki must be thrilled they named a petting zoo after her. Did I hear Riley ask,"Where's Aunt Terry"?
XOXO

Rachel said...

No, you heard her say "where's aunt berry?"