Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big Girl Undies

I've decided to just have Riley wear big girl undies instead of the pull up during the day.  I was finding that Riley wouldn't tell me when she had to pee and would just go in the pull up and it didn't bother her.  But once I put the big girl undies on her it was a different story.  She's been doing really well, although it's still only been about 4 days.  The first day she only had one accident.  The second day was full of accidents, but only because we didn't get to the potty in time.  The third day was successful until she decided to poop in her undies while I was getting dinner ready.  Had I been watching her I'm sure she wouldn't have done that.  And day four was successful, until again, she pooped in her undies.  I was upstairs feeding Hadley and told Trey to watch her because she hadn't gone #2 yet.  The next thing I know Riley comes into Hadley's room waddling with her legs apart.  She was crying because she had poo in her panties!  That's why it's called potty TRAINING, she has to be trained not to pee or poop in her undies.  Riley is loving every moment of being a big girl and not wearing her pull up.  It's like a new found freedom.  She is nothing but smiles all of the time!  I do put the pull up on though when she naps and sleeps at night.  And that's a fight and a half.  She doesn't want to wear them anymore, but I don't want to change sheets numerous times a day.  I am glad that we are finally getting somewhere with the potty training.  I am so proud of how well she is doing.  My baby is getting so big!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It's a process! Awesome about the small success she has had. The poo is the hardest part but once it clicks for her she'll be fine. So many changes for your girls! Crazy how fast they are growing.

Terry said...

Good work!! I was just thinking how fun it would be with 3 in diapers. YIPPEEE!!!
XOXO