Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waking Up Happy...Or Not

This little ray of light always wakes up in the morning and from naps with a smile on her face!  Riley was the same way up until last week.  I love walking in to a smiling baby.  It makes me feel like I'm going to have a good day.  Hadley just jibber jabbers away in her crib until I get in there to get her.  I love to hear her baby talk.  Then we have Riley who either screams at the top of her lungs when she wakes up or yells "Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama" until I get into her room.  For about the past week Riley has been waking up way too early.  It's been anywhere from 5:30-6am and she doesn't go back to sleep if I put her in my bed.  I'm not sure why she's becoming such an early riser.  All I know is that I'm not a fan.  As soon as we get downstairs and I give her some milk she's a load of energy.  The picture below is Riley at 6:15am.  Already busy playing with toys and making a mess of the house!  The only perk to her waking up so early is that she has been sleeping for over 2 hours during naptime.  I'm hoping this early bird girl is just going through a phase and will start sleeping until 7:30 again.  But I guess it doesn't really matter since Hadley is normally up by 6:30am.  I sure hope this early morning nonsense doesn't stop my visitors in September!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Addie goes through phases on wake up too. I hate when it rolls through the early wake up which is currently going on. Good luck