Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eating Some Cereal

My sweet little Hadley is 5 months old today!!  What??  Already!!  This morning Hadley got her first taste of cereal.  I decided to use the oatmeal cereal instead of the rice because Riley wouldn't eat the rice cereal unless I mixed it with baby food.  And since Hadley isn't eating the baby food yet, I went with the oatmeal.  Hadley was analyzing the spoon as I was bringing it toward her mouth.  Of course she wanted to grab the spoon because she grabs anything and everything that is in her reach.  Once the spoon hit her mouth she wasn't exactly sure what was going on.  She didn't know if she liked it or what.  Half the time she'd smile afterwards and the other half she would get fussy.  I remembered to just be patient and not try to shovel it all down her throat!  I have to say that all in all Hadley did a really good job eating her cereal for the first time.  When Riley ate her cereal for the first time it all came back out of her mouth. 

I know with Riley I had started cereal when she was 4 months old and baby food when she was 5 months old, but the doctor told me that I shouldn't start cereal until 5 months and wait until 6 months with Hadley.  It's funny how the rules change in such a short period of time.  I think once Hadley gets the cereal thing down I'll go ahead and introduce some baby food.  I'm sure Hadley is getting tired of just breastmilk all of the time.  It's time to add some variety in her life!! 

Hadley is doing really well.  She's been rolling over like a crazy woman for awhile now.  Everytime I lay her on the floor and walk away, when I come back she's rolled over.  She's a mover and a shaker.  She turns herself all around during tummy time.  Hadley isn't quite sitting up on her own yet, she still slouches over and holds herself up with her arms.  I'm not even sure when babies are suppose to be able to sit up on their own.  Trey and I keep going by when Riley did things and she was sitting up at 5 months like nobody's business!!  All in due time though.  I'm not rushing Hadley to grow up.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Already? I can't even believe it. What a sweet little girl! I see Bella in her in the last photo! Love you all