Thursday, April 29, 2010

Riley's 2yr. Check -Up

I took Riley for her 2 year check-up today.  Riley has never been a fan of going to the doctor.  Ever since she was a little baby she has always thrown a fit during all of her doctors visits.  Riley has actually only been to the doctor for her check-ups.  I am so thankful that she's not been sick and had to see the doctor.  Riley's name got called and we went back to have her weighed and measured.  The screaming game began.  I asked Riley to take off her shoes, which normally she has no issue with.  Well not today.  She screamed when I took her shoes off since she wouldn't do it on her own.  She continued to scream as I put her up on the scale.  After 3 tries to weigh her the nurse finally got her weight.  Then it was time to see how tall Riley is.  All she had to do was stand up against the wall.  That wasn't happening.  Riley was screaming bloody murder so I had to pin her to the wall by pressing my body up against her.  Riley still was wiggling all around and trying to climb out under my arms.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life!  Getting your child weighed and measured should not be such a hassle.  I don't even think the nurse got an accurate height measurement.  Going by what the nurse said, Riley is 27.5lbs and 34.5in tall.  But who really knows about the height! 

After all that drama we head back to wait for the doctor to come and check out Riley.  Riley was just fine sitting in the room looking at all the fish on the wall.  And then in walks the doctor.  After asking me a few questions about Riley it was time for Riley to sit up on the bed.  I'm sure you know this isn't going to go well.  I had to sit Riley on my lap so that the doctor could complete Riley's check-up.  Dr. Chan checked Riley's eyes and ears and mouth.  Then all the sudden the doctor goes to take Riley's pants off.  I had no idea she was going to do this.  Apparently Riley didn't either and she kicked the doctor.  Oh yes, my little angel, kicked the doctor.  I guess in a way that might be a good thing because she doesn't want strangers taking her pants off.  I understand that the doctor was just completing Riley's check-up, but it sure would've been nice to know what the hell she was doing before she did it.  I mean with infants the doctor always asks you to undress your child, they've never done it themselves.  I guess Riley and I were both caught off guard when the doctor decided to undress Riley herself.  Poor Hadley was just sitting in her carseat probably wondering what all the kicking and screaming was about!  The good new is that Riley is up to date on her immunizations and didn't have to get any shots.  Praise the Lord!!  Riley is still a healthy little girl and on target.  Dr. Chan did inform me that I shouldn't be giving Riley so much milk to drink.  Riley drinks about 3-4 cups of milk a day.  She likes it, just like her father.  Apparently it's too much.  Whatever.  It's not like she's drinking soda or some other sugary drink.  I think I'll just keep doing what I do!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Milk does a body good! Unless the doc gave you a good reason not to, I'd keep on doing it as well!

Terry said...

Dear Riley,

I scream and kick when I have to get on a scale too.

Love,
Your Great-Auntie,
Terry