Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Baby is 2!!!

My, oh, my how time passes you by.  Riley turned two years old today.  I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed thinking about how it seems like just yesterday that I was in the hospital delivering her after 19hrs of labor!  I'm so proud of Riley.  She is becoming quite the little girl with the way she plays and the things she says.  Riley is picking up new words left and right and putting them together to make sentences(or phrases for that matter).  Riley is getting quite bossy these days.  She likes to tell me and Trey where to sit or what to play with.  She especially likes to tell Hadley what toy she can play with and if Hadley grabs another toy Riley is sure to tell her "no, no, no sister!"  It's the cutestes thing, Riley doesn't call Hadley by her name.  She'll only call Hadley sister and she'll tell you her name is sister!!  I'm sure the next year is going to go by just as quickly so I'm trying to savor every moment.  I'm crossing my fingers that this year of Riley being 2 doesn't bring too much of the terrible attitude.  She's already got her fair share of being that little devil so hopefully it won't get too much worse.
We are having a little party for Riley on Saturday with some friends, but Riley recieved a few birthday packages in the mail so she got a bunch of presents to open.  Nana sent Riley some new cha-cha's, a pack-n-play for her babydolls, a bathing suit, and a cute little outfit.  Uncle Justin, Aunt Sara, Addie & Bella sent Riley a cool flower sprinkler, a watering pot for outside and a cool dvd to help Riley learn her letters.  And then Poppy, Grandma Kathy & Uncle Tyler sent Riley a check.  I'm thinking about getting a pedicure with it since it's made out in my name!!  Ha ha, just kidding.  I'll take Riley shopping on Monday so she can pick something out she'd like.  Riley had a blast opening her presents.  She's at that age where as soon as she rips one open she's on to the next.  It was pretty funny to watch her.  Then once they were all unwrapped she actually looked at what she got.  Thank you to everyone for making Riley's birthday special!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I only ask that you take some photos of your girls in the sprinkler for us! In their new suits!

Terry said...

They grow so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was 2. Cherish them.
XOXO,