Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!


Our Easter morning started out with Trey at work.  Unfortunately Trey had duty from 0800-1600.  So while daddy was at work Riley opened Easter gifts that Nana had sent for the girls.  Riley's favorite things were an Easter cup that lights up and Hadley's little musical butterfly light up toy.  Riley always seems to enjoy Hadley's toys more than her own. Riley did let Hadley play with her new toy for a little bit!  Nana also sent a little wind up jumping bunny and chick that freaked Riley out at first!  It was funny to watch.  
 I was planning on going to an Easter party that our friends were having outside for a load of people that don't have family here to celebrate with.  However, it had rained all night long and was continuing to rain throughout the day.  The party started at 1pm but due to the rain the party was moved inside.  The idea of this made me cringe a little.  I don't like being in a house with a ton of people and not having anywhere to move.  Hadley was still napping when the party started so Riley went to the party with our neighbor Erika.  I thought I would be following behind shortly after but Hadley wound up taking a 3 hour nap!  I did run down to Abbey's to pick Riley up because she definitely wasn't missing her nap because she didn't get one on Saturday and I wasn't about to deal with a no nap girl two days in a row!  When I got Riley she was snuggled up on Erika because she was tired and completely overwhelmed with the massive crowd of people crammed into Abbey's house.  I was honestly glad Hadley was taking a long nap.  I don't deal well with lots of people in a confined area.  Riley came home and went down for her nap and slept for 2 hours.  I actually woke her up because I didn't want her sleeping past 4:30pm or else she'd never go to bed.  I made Trey a yummy dinner...chicken, asparagus, and alfredo.  To top it off he had a nice warm brownie with vanilla ice cream for dessert!  Yes, I'm Betty Crocker!  After dinner our friends Adam and Monica stopped by to drop off some Easter gifts for the girls.  They got Riley enough candy to last until Halloween!  I definitely put the candy away for potty training rewards!  Riley also got some play-doh & a beach ball.  Hadley got a couple of teething rings which she really enjoyed. 
I had taken the girls on Friday to get their pictures with the Easter bunny.  It didn't work due to the fact that Riley wouldn't get out of the stroller and Hadley was looking in every direction but at the camera.  So needless to say I don't have any pictures of either of the girls with the Easter bunny.  I do have this one of Hadley sporting the bunny ears that Nana sent.  Riley refused to wear them.  She ripped them off as soon as I put them on her and threw them on the floor.  I don't think Hadley even knew she had anything on her head which made it easy to get her picture!!  I was going to attempt letting Riley dye Easter eggs this year but I just never got around to it.  I'm vowing that next year we will dye eggs and have an egg hunt in the house just like mom & Mr. Kevin did for Justin and me every year(and I won every year too)!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hadley looks like Arabella in the picture of her with the ears on. She is so cute!

The Gunning Family said...

Did you cheat?

The Gunning Family said...

Seriously, we did that with Ezio this year - so funny! He had no idea there was anything inside the eggs. He just loved finding them. So as he found them we took them out of his basket and hid them again. Not sure who had more fun - us or him! Love you all.

Terry said...

That photo of Hadley is priceless.
XOXOXO