Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nice Afternoon

Saturday Trey had the idea for us to go out to lunch and spend the afternoon in Waikiki.  We don't really go to Waikiki very often because it's so touristy and full of traffic!  We went to lunch at The Yard House.  Trey and I first ate there right before his jaw surgery.  It was delicious!  Easter Bunny Madeleine sent Trey and I some "date money" so we decided to enjoy lunch with our girls at The Yard House.  Whenever we go out to eat Trey has to have an appetizer, so we ordered the same thing that we got the last time: spinich cheese dip.  I know many of you are wondering why we'd order something that I wouldn't eat, but actually I do love this dip!  Trey and I knew Riley would enjoy the chips the dip came with, but much to our surprise and delight Riley LOVED the dip!!  It was hysterical to watch her dip the chips.  Once we got our lunch Riley continued eating the spinich dip.  She dipped her fries and her grilled cheese in the dip.  My picky eater Riley wouldn't eat her grilled cheese though because it was made with cheddar cheese.  She only eats American.  I wonder where she gets her pickiness from!!  Oops!
Our lunch was cut a little short because Riley had enough of sitting at the table and it was time for Hadley to eat.  I stayed inside to pay the bill and feed Hadley and Trey took Riley outside.  As I came walking outside of the restaurant I see Riley running around in this foutain.  I'm not really sure that you're suppose to run around in it, but there weren't any signs saying not to.  Leave it to daddy to let Riley run through water and get soaking wet with no change of clothes.  Riley was having a blast though.  She didn't want to leave.  The only way to convince her was to tell her we were going to walk by the ocean and see more water.  Riley definitely has a love for the water.  Our walk by the ocean was cut short because the rain clouds started coming in plus we had two tired girls.  We enjoyed our nice afternoon with an extra special thanks to Madeleine for treating us to lunch!! 

No comments: