Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beach Fun

Sunday we decided to head to the beach for the day.  Trey & I both agree that we don't take advantage of this island like we should.  It's been tough to get to the beach though since Hadley arrived.  I didn't want to expose her to all of the sun while she was a newborn.  Not to mention it had been pretty cold here, so the weather was preventing us from hitting the beach too.  Now that Hadley is 5 months old and the weather has been gorgeous we decided it was a perfect day to hit the beach.  We, well Trey, packed up the Tahoe and off we went.  We headed to the Bellows which is our favorite spot.  Trey set up the canopy so that Hadley would have shade, Riley got her beach toys out and our day at the beach began.  Riley has no fear of the ocean.  She sat with her daddy and let the wave just splash right into her.  She got knocked over more than once and just laughed about it. Trey and Riley played in the water and sand for hours.  However, when Riley was trying to dig in the sand and the water would come up to her she'd yell at the water, "stop water, no, no, no."  It was the cutest and funniest thing ever!  Riley could have stayed at the beach all day long.  We were out of the swim diapers so I decided to just take Riley's diaper off and let her be free!  Trey was concerned about her pooping, but she had gone already in the morning so I figured we'd be ok.  I told Riley to tell me if she had to pee so I could make sure she was in the water.  Riley of course replied "yeah mama."  A couple of hours later, as Trey and I were sitting in our beach chairs, Riley was digging in the sand and yells "mama, mama, mama" with her legs spread apart.  I see pee running down her legs and just start to laugh.  Trey took her down to the water and rinsed her off and then she went right back to digging in the sand.  Hadley did really well with her first time at the beach.  Of course when it was time for her to eat she kept refusing to and screaming bloody murder.  So I decided to walk back to the car and try to feed her there.  She still screamed when I tried.  I was getting a little frustrated so I took my sunglasses off and then Hadley got the biggest smile.  I tried to feed her again and she latched right on.  I think my sunglasses freaked her out when I tried to feed her.  Lesson learned!  I was really upset because I forgot my camera for this trip to the beach.  Of all things to forget!  So I took some pictures on my camera which will have to do for now.  Don't worry though.  Trey & I made a deal that we will hit the beach one day out of the weekend every weekend.  I'm super stoked about that!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Is that a Tankini? Riley looks right at home. Start surf lessons.

Sara said...

Way to go on getting to the beach. It's such a chore but then so much fun in the end. It will just get easier as Hadley gets older. Better enjoy that beautiful beach now!