Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

 I have to say that this was the most fun Halloween so far.  This was Riley's third and Hadley's first Halloween.  It was the first Halloween that Riley actually understood about getting dressed up, going around to get candy, and saying trick or treat.  Riley is definitely at the age where the trick or treating becomes fun!  After dinner I got the girls dressed and ready to go.  Riley was bursting at the seams with excitement.  I have to thank my mom for the adorable costumes she sent for the girls.  They were awesome!  I did have a slight problem with Hadley's costume.  I could barely get it over her head, I mean she was screaming as I was trying to jam her head through the hole!  But I got it on her and she looked precious as Minnie Mouse!  Both the girls had headbands with their costumes and I only managed to get one picture of Riley wearing hers.  Riley was Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street(fairy in training).  Riley actually wanted to wear her headband but then it fell out and she didn't want to put it back on.  She just wanted to go trick or treating, so off we went!



The first couple of houses we went to Riley became the shyest girl ever!  She jammed her head into my leg and I could barely get her to open her bag.  I guess those were the warm up houses.  After that she was running up to the doors, cutting through bushes, and saying trick or treat and thank you!  It brought so much joy to me to watch her in action.  Trey and I were both having a blast watching Riley trick or treat.  After every house she'd look in her bag to check out her goodies and then she'd tell us, "I want more trick or treat!"  We walked around for about a half hour and then headed back to the house so that we could pass out candy for a bit.  Riley had gotten plenty of candy and her bag was heavy!
Riley helped Trey pass out candy to the trick or treaters which she got a kick out of.  Then Riley wanted to do more trick or treating so I walked her up the other side of the street that we didn't go to earlier.  We only hit up about 4 houses and that was enough for her.  Then she wanted to go help daddy again!

We had sat outside passing out candy for a bit but then Hadley was ready to come inside so we brought the girls inside.  Riley sat down and had one treat and she chose skittles to munch on!  Hadley helped me greet the trick or treaters at the door for the rest of the evening.  It was a super fun night and I'm looking forward to next year!  Riley told me during bath time that she had fun trick or treating.  She's the sweetest!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Those girls are so adorable. I love the pink Minnie Mouse! The costumes are so nice. Riley's headband is the best. How fun that you got to walk around your own neighborhood. I love the shot of them together!