Saturday, October 2, 2010

First Time in a Long Time

Despite the fact that I'm not feeling the greatest, I decided to continue with my plans this morning of getting a manicure and pedicure.  Let me enlighten you for a moment.  The last time I got a manicure and pedicure was the week before Riley was born.  If you do the math that's two and half years ago.  I'm sure you can imagine what my feet look like.  Terrible would be the word to describe my feet!  Honestly they were so bad I was embarrassed to go get a pedicure.  Anyway, I decided to go use some of my birthday money and treat myself to some nice "me" time.  As I was leaving Trey suggested that I take Riley with me.  I was annoyed that he even suggested I take her because I was going to have time to myself.  Then I thought for a moment and understood where he was coming from.  I don't ever get just mommy-Riley time and it could be a nice bonding experience for us to get our nails done together.  I was upset at myself for getting annoyed at the idea at first.  But that's water under the bridge.  Off we go to get our nails done.

When we walk in I get asked what I want done and then they asked if Riley was getting her nails done also.  I asked Riley if she wanted her nails painted to which she replied very firmly, "NO."  I wasn't sure if she was going to let them and wasn't surprised at her answer.  So I get my manicure and then sit in a nice comfy chair for my pedicure.  I'm totally grossed out watching the woman scrape all the dead skin off my feet.  Pleasant, right?  All I could think was "boy I'm going to have to tip her big!"  Once that part of the pedicure was over I just sat back and relaxed.  Well, I guess you can call it relaxed if you consider answering all of Riley's 50 questions relaxed!  Riley was pretty funny though.  She needed to know what was going on with my feet every time something new was happening.  Before I paid for my manicure and pedicure I asked Riley if she wanted her toes painted and she told me no again.  So I paid and we walked out of the nail salon.  As soon as we walked out Riley said, "Momma, (pointed to her feet) my toes."  Of course she decided she wanted her toes painted once we leave the place.  So we turn around and walk back in.  They were nice enough to not make us wait and took Riley right away.  Riley first chose this awful orange color.  I said no and told her to choose something else.  So, of course, she chose  her favorite color: yellow.  I don't really know that it was any better than the orange, but she said "please momma," so how could I say no?  It was so much fun to watch her get her toe nails painted.  She looked adorable and was thrilled to death.  I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of little girls(I mean 2 year olds) with their nails painted, but it was special time for just the two of us.  I made an exception for this time!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the yellow. So cute. I'm so embarrassed when I get my feet done too because like you we are in sandals all year which makes for some rough nasty feet. The girls always kind of smirk and then mumble something to their co-worker when they get out the foot scrapper for me. I always feel so bad!!!

Terry said...

Love the tan lines!!!
XOXO

The Gunning Family said...

Sweet flip flop tan!

Rachel said...

That flip flop tan is rather faded, but I'm glad you enjoy them!! They are much better in the prime of summer!