Monday, June 28, 2010

Hawaiian Island Twisters

Today Riley officially started in her gymnastics class.  We will be going every Monday morning.  It's only a 45 minute class and I think it's perfect.  I wasn't exactly sure how today was going to go because of how reserved Riley was in the beginning of the trial class.  I was sure hoping we didn't waste our $100 to register her for the month.  The class started with songs again, including the hokie pokie and a couple of others.  Riley, once again, wanted nothing to do with that part of the class.  She sat on the floor and watched me dance to the songs!  At least one of us was doing it!  Once the dancing was over it was time to play on all the different equipment.  Riley was stoked.  She screamed balls and ran over and jumped into the ball pit.  Go figure!  That's exactly where she went during the trial class.  I told her we had to take turns and let the other kids jump in and much to my suprise she said "yep mommy" and got out without a fight.  Riley went over to the balance beam and enjoyed walking on there and falling off too!  She climbed through the tunnel, and even let me help her attempt a kart wheel.  I was more than thrilled that she didn't try to get back into the ball pit and played at the other stations. 
We headed over to the other room with the giant trampoline.  Riley was in heaven.  She was super excited to be jumping on the trampoline.  Last time she only did it once and this time she couldn't get enough!  Riley also did some hula hooping.  She still wouldn't swing on the rope, but she did voluntarily jump into the foam pit.  Riley had a blast today and I'm so excited that we enrolled her in this class.  I am looking forward to next Monday morning.

Hadley even joined in on the action!  Of course this little monster wouldn't stay in her stroller.  So I had to sit her on the floor while I helped Riley do her activities.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Introducing the US Gymnastic team of 2022. Great workout!
XOXOXO