Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Friday was Trey's command picnic at the Bellows.  Unfortunately this year Trey was on duty so he had to be there extra early to set up for the party.  This meant I had to get the girls ready for the beach and load up the car all by myself.  It wasn't too difficult just a little exhausting.  As I was driving out to the Bellows is was pouring down rain, almost so hard that I couldn't see the lines on the road.  I was thinking to myself that it was not going to be a good day for the beach.  But once we arrived at the beach the rain had stopped and it was nice to have the cloud cover because it wasn't so hot.  We ate some burgers and chips and then Riley headed for the water.  After about an hour in the water, Riley discovered the bounce house and spent the rest of her time in there.  Unfortunately Trey had put my bag back in the car which had my camera in it.  I was much too lazy to walk all the way to the car so I didn't get any pictures at the picnic. 
Saturday started a little hairy for us because Trey was in a yucky mood.  I took the girls down to the park and he washed our cars.  Once the cars were nice and clean Trey seemed to perk up a bit!  Then his friend Mike came over and that cheered Trey up, so I knew the day would be good!  The guys wanted to go to a car show at the Aloha Tower so the girls and I joined them.  I didn't realize how hot it was outside until we started walking around the car show.  Phew, I was looking for shade every chance I got.  I was so thankful that I had put sunscreen on the girls or else they would have fried!  I was carrying Hadley in the Baby Bjorn and she passed out.  My shirt was totally stretching out because of how sweaty her and I both were.  It was nasty.  Riley hadn't napped and was getting tired from the heat and walking all around and we decided we better find a place to sit down, cool off, and eat.  We discovered that the Aloha Tower had some nice waterfront restaurants.  Yay!  I love when we discover new places.  We ate at Gordon Biersch's.  At least I think that's what it was called.  It's another yummy restaurant where they brew their own beer.  So that Budweiser that Trey wanted to order wasn't on the menu!  After we sat down I felt really lethargic.  I gulped down some ice cold water because I think I was completely dehydrated from the intense sun.  We all ordered something to eat and then Trey asked me what I had ordered.  I was so out of it I couldn't even remember.  When the food came out I had just ordered a cheeseburger, go figure, but it was completely delicious.  One of the best burgers I had ever had.  Trey had shrimp tacos which were delicious too.  Mike is now vegan, so he ordered asparagus, beans, and some fries.  Riley chowed down on her giant grilled cheese.  Hadley woke up from her little snooze just in time for me to enjoy my dinner.  Despite the heat we had a lovely afternoon. 

Sunday we celebrated Father's Day!  This was Trey's first Father's Day with 2 kiddos.  Riley and I went out and got daddy his favorite breakfast...McDonald's!  Yes, we go all out here in the Prewitt house.  After breakfast Trey and the girls had some fun wrestling around.  It was so fun to watch all three of them playing.  Trey put Hadley on top of Riley and then they were rolling all around.  It made me a bit nervous at first, but then Hadley start giggling so I knew it was all good!
After playtime we all got ready to head out for a movie.  I don't know who was more excited, but we were all stoked to go see Toy Story 3!!  Riley loved the first two so we knew she'd enjoy the third one, especially since she'd get excited and jump up and down when she saw previews for the movie.  We saw the movie in IMAX 3-D which cost us a pretty penny.  The movie wasn't showing in anything but 3-D and the only time that was convenient for us was in the IMAX theatre.  Who knew taking a family to the movies could cost you $75??  It was completely worth it though.  Trey, Riley and I all loved the movie.  I was so proud of Riley for wearing her 3D glasses too.  She did so well during the movie.  Riley sat and ate her popcorn and the special treat that daddy got her, reeses pieces!  Riley stood up for the last 20 minutes because she was tired of sitting, but other than that she lasted the whole movie!  Hadley fell asleep on my lap for the majority of the movie.  I don't know how she slept with how loud it was, but she did!  We had some friends over for dinner to finish our day off.  It was a wonderful day and weekend.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Father's Day! 

3 comments:

Terry said...

OMG!!! 75.00, I'm going to have to get an extra job before we get out there. Your girls are beautiful.

Sara said...

I believe the $75, tickets, popcorn, soda, candy. Serious money sucker. Sounds awesome though and totally worth it once in awhile.

Rachel said...

The tickets were $46 alone. Then we added in the popcorn, soda and candy and we spent $75! No wonder movies gross so much money, the ticket prices are sky high!