Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year!! Trey had to work on New Year's Eve, but got home early which was exciting. So exciting that we were both asleep by 11pm and didn't even wake up at midnight to ring in the new year. I guess that's what happens when you get older and have kids! We were both so passed out that the fireworks didn't even wake us! We have some changes going on in our house with the arrival of 2010. Trey and I have both vowed not to eat fast food. I definitely would eat fast food more than I probably should, but Trey would eat it almost daily. It's just easy for him at work to grab some McDonald's. No more!! It will be easy for him come January 22nd when he gets his jaw broken and his mouth is wired shut. Trey and I made a resolution for Riley...no more binky!! YIKES!! Last night when I put her to bed she only asked for it once and I just distracted her with something else and she went to be fine and slept through the night. So far today she's asked for it about 4 times. We try to ignore the question but then she throws a little fit. When I tell her no more binky she whines and then hits me! Then it's off to time out where she screams! Nobody ever told me parenting was so fun! Honestly though, Riley is doing pretty well so far. Today is only day 2 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to cope with no binky!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Classic Photo!!
XOXO,