Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Say Cheese!

Riley is finally at a point when you ask her to smile she will! Of course sometimes you get the squished up nose smile(above), which to me is still adorable! Riley has been in a great mood the past few days...knock on wood. I think much has to do with the fact she is sleeping through the night again. For the 2 weeks that she was waking up screaming she wasn't in the best of moods. I'd like to blame that on her still teething. I don't want to jinx myself, but it's been really nice having Riley sleep through the night again.
This is a day late, but Happy 2nd Anniversary to myself and Trey! I can't believe how fast 2 years have gone by. And to think here we are 2 years later with baby #2 only 7 weeks away. I'm thinking we better pump our breaks on the baby train! We didn't go out on our anniversary, but Trey did surprise me tonight and sent Riley over to the neighbors house and took me out to dinner. We went to a place called Kahuna's which is on Trey's base. Trey was stoked when we got there and the Cardinals game was on. Too bad for him they were losing! It was fun to have dinner just the two of us though. It doesn't happen often, so when it does it's a nice treat!

I've been busy getting things ready for baby girl #2. Now I'm just waiting for Trey to put the crib and dresser together so that I can get all the bedding set up in the nursery. I think it will be nice this time around actually getting to set things up instead of having to move everything in our lives right after the baby comes! It was hard with Riley because we moved 6 weeks after she was born so we didn't have her nursery set up. Anyway, I'm getting very excited for our new arrival and I think Riley is too. She hugs and kisses my belly everyday! Not too much longer!!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Gosh I can't believe the new baby is coming so soon. I am so excited for you guys. It's so much harder with two but so much fun too. I still am amazed that I have love enough for both of the girls. So glad you and Trey got to go out alone. Riley is so adorable as always. Miss you!

Sara said...

Gosh I can't believe the new baby is coming so soon. I am so excited for you guys. It's so much harder with two but so much fun too. I still am amazed that I have love enough for both of the girls. So glad you and Trey got to go out alone. Riley is so adorable as always. Miss you!

The Gunning Family said...

Rach -

What do you need for the new baby? I had Ezio and Luna for the weekend a week ago - what a blast! Miss you and think of you often. Love, Donna