Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ping Pong

Riley has been a super trooper these past few days of Trey being hospitalized. I want to be at the hospital as much as possible with Trey but I can't have Riley there. No children under the age of 2 are actually permitted in the ward where Trey is. So we have a routine of getting up, dressed, eating, and then off to Abbie's for the morning. Once I drop her off I head to the hospital with breakfast for Trey and to keep him company for a couple of hours. To keep Riley on her nap schedule I pick her up around 11am and get her home for her nap. Riley normally sleeps for a couple of hours and then I feed her lunch. While she's napping I'm making Trey lunch and dinner to take to the hospital because he refuses to eat the hospital food. After Riley eats her lunch I take her over to Erika's for the afternoon. Then back to the hospital I go to be with Trey for another few hours. I'm normally home between 6 and 6:30 and have dinner with Erika and her family. Erika is always insisting I stay for dinner, so I do! It's nice to come home after a long day and not have to worry about feeding Riley or myself! Riley and I are both beat by the end of our day. We are both ready for bed by 8! I feel bad leaving Riley so much lately, but I know she's having a blast at Abbie's and Erika's because she's playing with kids and dogs! I am looking forward to not feeling like a ping pong ball though.