Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Recipe



I'm sure that I'm not the only person that gets tired of cooking every night. Being a wife and a mom I now understand the frustration that my mom use to face with us always asking what was for dinner. Or when my mom would ask us what we wanted and we wouldn't give an answer, I understand how completely annoying that was. I am sincerely sorry mom!! I'm not the best cook in the world and at the same time I'm probably the pickiest eater in the world. Trey gets tired of eating the same things and at the same time I'm tired of cooking. This past trip to the grocery store Trey decided to buy some new items for me to cook. He said that he was going to cook for me, but we all know that didn't happen!! So, for the first time I used my cookbook and tried to make some shrimp scampi. And let me tell you, it was damn good!! I was completely impressed with myself and totally thankful that Trey bought shrimp at the grocery store. It was seriously so scrumptious I couldn't eat enough! It tickled Trey's fancy too! So now I'm able to add one more thing to my short list of things I can cook well!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cook books are the best. You can cook anything with a recipe. My fav is allrecipes.com when I'm needing something new. Dinner looks awesome. Wish we could eat shrimp at our house.

Terry said...

If you can read you can cook. Too bad all the books I read don't print recipes. Oh well, I'm over it.