Friday, April 17, 2009

Packing Up


As many of you know, we will be moving into a bigger, newer house on May 8th. We are very excited to move into a house that's not even 2 years old and it has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, kitchen, dining room, den, living room. Needless to say it is going to be a much needed upgrade with another little one on the way. Trey is excited because he finally gets a 2 car garage! We were considering hiring a moving company so that we didn't have to deal with the stress of getting everything packed and moved. But after doing research, I found it to be crazy expensive. The cheapest I found was around $1100. That might not sound like much, but it's definitely some airline tickets back to MD! So I have started packing up some non essentials to get us started. It's definitely not the easiest thing in the world to pack boxes with an almost 1 year old. In order to keep Riley entertained I stuck her in a box while I packed another box. She was thoroughly entertained the whole time!
So far I have our bedroom closet packed, which consisted of 3 XL U-Haul boxes. I have way too many clothes that I don't even wear, yet I can't seem to part with them. I believe one day I'll fit into them again. I also managed to get 4 medium boxes packed with kitchen stuff. One of those boxes is filled with all of our martini, margarita and wine glasses. It's rather sad that I haven't been able to use any of them. I was pregnant with Riley when I got them as wedding shower gifts, then I've been breastfeeding for the past year, and now I'm pregnant again. One day...hopefully I'll use them!
I still have plenty more to pack. Not really quite sure what area I'm going to pack up next. All I know is May 8th is sneaking up on me and I want to be prepared! Wish me luck!


No comments: