Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cake Time

As Trey and I sang happy birthday to Riley she wasn't really quite sure what was going on. She had already heard that song about a billion times already and was probably wondering why we were singing it again. Trey blew out her candle and then after taking the candles off the cake he put the whole cake in front of Riley. I guess that's what you do on a first birthday. It didn't really matter since it was only us that would be eating the cake!
Of course Trey put the cake in front of Riley before mommy put her bib on. It's ok, I managed to sneak the bib on before any frosting smeared her new shirt. Riley happily dug her hand in the frosting and then shoved it in her mouth. She was looking at me and Trey as if we lost our minds because we never let her eat like that! After letting her dig into the cake a little bit, I decided that was enough and she can have a little piece of cake.

I'm pretty sure Riley enjoyed her chocolate cake. I'm even more sure that I enjoyed her cake after she went to bed! I still can't believe that Riley is 1! Here is to the next year.

3 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Looks like she had a blast! Congratulations - you survived your first year of parenthood!! Love you and can't wait to see you ... Aunt Donna

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Riley! Here's to many more happy years to come. We miss you guys so much!

Terry said...

They grow so fast, of course chocolate helps us all grow fast.
See you in 24 days and a wake up.
XOXO, Auntie Terry