Friday, April 3, 2009

Face First

As I have mentioned before, Riley is an outdoorsy girl. She would run and play outside all day long if I kept her outside. Riley hasn't been the fondest of playing in the grass, I'm guessing because of the texture. She'd much rather be on the sidewalk or the driveway which always makes me nervous. Riley has scraped her knees on the pavement more times than I can count. She's scraped them so hard they bleed, but she gets right back up without a tear and keeps running. However, today our girl took a big spill. Riley is finally running through the grass now. But the grass is a little lower than the sidewalk and driveway so she has to step up a little bit when she wants to get out of the grass. Unfortunately today Riley tripped on the edge of the driveway trying to get off the grass and fell flat on her face. My heart sank into my stomach. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I picked her up and saw the blood and heard the screams. I tried to wipe her mouth with a cold cloth but Riley didn't want anything touching her. She pretty much wiped most of the blood off on my shirt anyway. It took about a half hour to get her calmed down. I bribed her with a snack! Now Riley has a nice fat lip. I'm sure there are many more to come!



2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Bless her heart! This will make for great boo-boo lip photos! Love you - can't wait to see you! Aunt Donna

Terry said...

Riley got naturally what millions of women have to pay for. I will now refer to my lip line filler as a boo-boo. She looks a little like Angelina.
Love & Kisses, Auntie Terry