Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Last year before Trey and I found out the sex of our baby, my friend Toni bought Riley her first Halloween costume. Pottery Barn Kids was having a clearance on their costumes so we had to choose one that either a boy or a girl could wear. Toni and I both agreed that the devil was the cutest! So we dressed our sweet little angel up as a devil for her 1st Halloween. Riley made one cute little devil, if I might say so myself!!
I had Riley in the Halloween spirit all day long. During the day, before she got dressed into her costume, Riley wore her cool glow in the dark shirt. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it has a ghost and a cat riding on a broomstick and says "I'm Boo-tiful!" The shirt definitely doesn't lie!!

Continuing on in our Halloween spirit, Riley wore her adorable Winnie the Pooh Halloween bib that her Nana sent. Thank you Nana! Can you tell she likes lunch time?!?


After Riley's nap and dinner it was time to get dressed up and head outside to greet the trick or treaters! Much to my surprise Riley actually did really well in the costume. She didn't like putting it on, but once she was wearing the devil costume she was giddy as can be!



Our neighbors came over to sit with us and pass out candy. Above are Heather and her son Ethan. Ethan is 4 months old and looking cute as a leapord. (Side note: this is the little boy that I mentioned in my blog "Adventures in Babysitting") Heather even got dressed up as a witch. There were actually a ton of parents dressed up taking their children around the neighborhood. Maybe next year for me...but I doubt it!

Earlier in the day, Trey went to the store to stock up on Halloween candy. He came home with six bags of candy. I told him he was crazy buying all that candy and he was sure we'd get rid of it all. I was sure that I was going to have some treats for a week or two! We asked our next door neighbor how Halloween is around here and he told us last year there weren't many at all, maybe around 20 trick or treaters. I got excited knowing I was definitely going to get to chow down on our leftovers!! Trick or Treat for me!!
The first hour we probably had about 10 to 15 trick or treaters come through. I was giving the kids 2 pieces of candy each, which I thought was plenty. Then, infront of the trick or treaters, Trey is yelling "don't be stingy, give them more!" I looked at him like he was crazy. So since there weren't very many kids coming around I did as my husband requested and gave handfulls of candy to each trick or treater. All of the sudden all of these cars and vans start pulling in on our street and mobs of kids are jumping out of the vehicles. A limo even pulled up and 14 kids jumped out. What??? Where are these people coming from? I'd like to mention that they were all locals too! They don't like the Hali's unless it's Halloween! Someone must have called their friends and told them to hit up our neighborhood because we got attacked by all of the trick or treaters. It was crazy, like nothing I've ever seen before!
I told Trey to get some pictures of all the cars lining our street and all the people spilling out of the cars. We were all in amazement. The pictures don't even capture the craziness of our night. Needless to say we ran out of candy in the midst of all these kids coming to our house. We were packing up and heading inside and the kids still kept coming up to us. Once we got inside I turned out all of the lights so that nobody would come to our house. Apparently that rule doesn't apply here. While I was giving Riley a bath the doorbell rang 5 different times. I was exhausted after this experience. I don't even know if I'm making sense telling the story!! Much to my dismay I was only able to sneak 1 little pack of my favorite candy, reese's pieces. Oh well! I guess that's God's way of telling me I don't need any chocolate!!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

1 comment:

Terry said...

You might want to spend next Halloween in Maryland. haha
Great Story.