Monday, September 1, 2008

Beach Bound







Trey, mom, Riley and I traveled to Waikiki to spend time with Justin, Sara, and Addie since they were right on the beach. Riley and Addie weren't the biggest fans of the big ocean and crowded beach. Sara discovered there was a lagoon close by that Addie really enjoyed. So the next day all the girls hung out at the lagoon. Trey and I both had tried dipping Riley's feet into the ocean, but she was not having any part of that. So when we went to the lagoon I took Riley in and just dipped her feet into the water and she was rather content. It didn't bother her one bit. Addie helped me with Riley by splashing some water on her. It was nice to have Riley experience the water. It was even nicer to find that the calm water didn't bother her. Of course, you can only stay out at the beach, lagoon, or pool for a couple of hours with babies...that is definitely something I am discovering as a new parent. There will be no more relaxing in the sun all day long with a baby. I guess that's a good thing so that my skin doesn't turn to leather!

1 comment:

The Gunning Family said...

I bet you'll both be surfing before you know it! Love you, Donna